- Period:20th Century / Mid Century / 1940s
- Country of Origin:Italy (probably)
- Dimensions (H x W x D):35 x 15 x 13 inch
- Weight:15 Kg
- Style:Italian Renaissance
- Belgium Delivery:On request
- International Delivery:On request
"Venus of the Esquiline" Large Sculpture (88cm) in old plaster representing the bust of a naked woman of Aphrodite, circa 1940.
Beautiful original condition, a chip to be reported on a lower corner (see photo).
Mythological Statue of Aphrodite emerging from the water, possibly an idealized portrait of Cleopatra VII of Egypt, originally a work from the late Hellenistic period.
The original work is in the Capitolini Museum in Rome (see image), Variant artist of Praxiteles?, 1st century BC, discovered in 1874 in the Horti Lamiani in Rome.
Deutsch: Venus von Esquilin. English: Esquiline Venus, Español: Venus del Esquilino, Italiano: Cosiddetta Venere Esquilina