- Creator / Artist / Designer:Maison Charles ( Paris )
- Issuer / Manufacturer:Maison Charles
- Period:20th century - 1965 Mid-century
- Country of Origin:France
- Dimensions (H x W x D):52cm x 19cm x 25cm
- Weight:4 Kg
- Number of components:1
- Style:Design, European, Modernist
- Materials:Aluminium, Chromium, Silver
In perfect condition.
History of Maison CHARLES (Paris):
Born in 1908, Ernest CHARLES takes over the ULLMANN House, bronzier. The company, then installed 103 rue de Turenne in Paris, specializes in the reproduction of old luminaires, forging a reputation within the profession of bronzier art. In 1920, Emile Albert CHARLES, his eldest son, took over the company. and it is in 1932 that he associates himself with his brother Pierre. In 1933, the House is called CHARLES Frères. In 1959, Emile CHARLES is joined by his two sons: Jean CHARLES, Major of BOULLE school section interior architecture and woodcarving and Jacques CHARLES, graduated Applied Arts in Interior Architecture. In 1960 Emile-Albert CHARLES and his two sons, Jean and Jacques, created the "Style CHARLES" combining classicism, rigor and actuality; a new approach in the field of lighting and decoration. In 1960, the CHARLES family took over Maison FARGETTE, perpetuating a very rich collection of Style. They create the most emblematic elements of the collection and sign a new style in the field of lighting and decoration: they are the famous lamps Pineapple, But, Apple of Pin, Lotus, Vase Medici ... In 1965 is created the "INOX COLLECTION" and Lacquers. The organ pipe lamps are very successful and have become an aesthetic reference of this period. In 1971 Chrystiane CHARLES, wife of Jean and sculptor gold medalist of the Beaux Arts, takes the Artistic Direction of the House CHARLES and creates the Collection which bears his name. In 1972 she offers a collection of signed and numbered sculpture-lamps, of contemporary expression and inspired by nature: AMARYLLIS, ALIZEE, ORCHIDEE, TULIPS ...