- Period:20th Century / Mid Century / 1960 - 1970
- Dimensions (H x W x D):106 x 50 x 106 cm
- Weight:10 Kg
- Style:Bauhaus / Art Deco / Modernism
- Materials:Chromed Steel / Wood / Ratan Cane
- Belgium Delivery:On request
- International Delivery:On request
Rocking chair Modernist / Bauhaus in the spirit of Marcel Breuer, see photo B32 Freischwinger chair published by Thonet in 1933.
Chromed metal structure, black lacquered wood frame, wickerwork, in the 1970s, very well made.
Seat height: 40cm
In very good condition, cane still clean and solid.
Nice reminiscence of the famous Michael Thonet (Schaukelstuhl) bentwood rocking chair or armchair made in Austria at the end of the 19th century. This model was much appreciated by the great Artists, Designers and Architects of the 20th century, including Pablo Pïcasso, Ernesto Nathan Rogers, Achille Castiglioni, Italo Calvino, Han Feng... regularly immortalized in their period photographs... Designed as a chair for the home, used in daily life by the whole family, very comfortable, the Schaukelstuhl has also been chosen to enrich the relaxation areas and winter gardens of elegant hotels.