- Creator / Artist / Designer:RITVA PUOTILA (Finland 1935 - )
- Issuer / Manufacturer:GILDE MUSTER
- Mark / Label:Yes, Back Labels (see photos)
- Period:20th Century / Mid Century / 1965
- Country of Origin:Finland
- Dimensions (W x D):345 x 245 cm
- Weight:25 Kg
- Number of components:1
- Style:Brutalism / Abstract / Modern Art
- Material:Pure Wool
- Belgium Delivery:Free
- International Delivery:On request
Scandinavian Design Rug Carpet, pure woven virgin wool, by the Finnish Artist RITVA PUOLITA.
Edition GILDE MUSTER, circa 1965 (label on the back).
Dimensions: 345cm x 245cm
In a perfect state.
Ritva Puotila (born 1935) is a Finnish textile designer and artistic director of the Finnish design company Woodnotes. The company was founded by Ritva Puotila and her son Mikko Puotila in 1987.
Ritva Puotila has designed many innovative rugs for Woodnotes, including the San Francisco, Fourways and Panorama ranges. In collaboration with Minna Ahokas, Puotila also designed the Cool Cushion, a versatile cushion that can transform from a seat to an ottoman and can also be used as a table. Puotila has received several important design awards around the world for his products and for his career, including the Kaj Franck Design Prize, the Finland Prize, the Good Design Award and the Red Dot Design Award. In 2001, she was selected as the textile artist of the year.
Puotila's works are featured in the collections of the world's most prestigious museums, including the Architecture and Design Collection at MoMA.