Painting by ALBERT MAX CARLIER representing an interior of a farmyard animated by hollyhock flowers and a barnyard with hens and a rooster.
Painting with a colourful and warm palette, oil on canvas, circa 1910.
The painting is not located but could be from Brittany.
Signed "M. Calier" in the lower right corner and signed on the back "M. Carlier" with the mention "any reproduction will be continued", numbered on the back.
Work in good condition, no restoration, to note a small chip and a small paint chip (see last photos, red arrows).
Max Albert Carlier was a Belgian painter born in 1872 in Tourcoing and died in Brussels in 1938.
A painter of the Belgian School, he worked mainly in Brussels on genre and interior scenes, nudes, still lifes of flowers and fruit. He travelled throughout Europe and particularly in Italy and Brittany where he lived and painted.
Works in various Belgian museums including Ostend...
- Creator / Artist / Designer:Max Albert Carlier (1872-1938)
- Signature / Monogram:Signed "M. Carlier" right down
- Period:Begin of the 20th Century / about 1910
- Country of Origin:Belgium
- Dimensions (H x W):80 x 100cm
- Weight:5 Kg
- Style:Romantism / Realism
- Material:Oil on Canvas
- Worldwide Delivery:On request