- Creator / Artist / Designer:Maurice Faure
- Signature / Monogram:Signed
- Issuer / Manufacturer:Faïencerie de Onnaing (France)
- MarK / Label:Yes
- Period:20th century - 1920 to 1940
- Country of Origin:France
- Dimensions (H x W x D):23cm x 7cm x 20cm
- Weight:5 Kg
- Number of components:2
- Style:Art Deco, Modernist
- Materials:Ceramic, Crazed - Raku ware, Earthenware
Pair of bookends, white earthenware sculptures Raku also known as "cracked" from the Faience works of Onnaing in France and after the sculptor Maurice Faure.
Winged bulls or "Shedu".
Signature on the terrace "Maurice Faure" and under the room "Frie Onnaing - Made in France" for Faiencerie d'Onnaing - Made in France ".
In Mesopotamian mythology, the Shedu, similar to the Lammasu, is a protective spirit. It has a bull body, eagle wings and the head of a human being. He was represented, in pairs, at the entrance to cities, temples and palaces to repel evil spirits and enemies.