Qualitative Hollywood Regency style table lamp dating from the 1970s.
The lamp base consists of a double gilded bronze base with a square cross-section, topped by a star-shaped structure with 3 concave sides.
Double lampholder with pulls for individual lighting.
Original brushed aluminium shade in perfect condition.
Rare model in very good original condition.
Attributed to the Maison Charles (Paris).
- Dimensions (H x W x D):73 x 40 x 40 cm
- Weight:5 Kg
- Worldwide Delivery:Price on request
History of the Maison CHARLES (Paris):
Founded in 1908, Ernest CHARLES took over the ULLMANN company, a bronzemaker. The company, then located at 103 rue de Turenne in Paris, specialised in the reproduction of antique lighting fixtures, thus forging a reputation within the bronze art profession. In 1920, Emile Albert CHARLES, his eldest son, took over the business, and in 1932 went into partnership with his brother Pierre. In 1933, the company was renamed CHARLES Frères. In 1959, Emile CHARLES was joined by his 2 sons: Jean CHARLES, who graduated from the BOULLE school in the interior architecture and woodcarving section, and Jacques CHARLES, who graduated from the Arts Appliqués in interior architecture. In 1960 Emile-Albert CHARLES and his two sons, Jean and Jacques, created the "CHARLES Style" combining classicism, rigour and modernity; a new approach to lighting and decoration. In 1960, the CHARLES family took over FARGETTE, perpetuating a very rich collection of Style. They created the most emblematic elements of the collection and created a new style in lighting and decoration: the famous Pineapple, Corn, Pinecone, Lotus and Medici lamps... 1965 saw the creation of the "INOX COLLECTION" and Lacquers. The organ pipe lamps were a great success and became an aesthetic reference for the period. In 1971 Chrystiane CHARLES, Jean's wife and a sculptor with a gold medal from the Beaux Arts, took over as Artistic Director of the House of CHARLES...