Pair of mid 20th century Scandinavian "Fuga" wall lights designed by the Finnish designer Maija Liisa Komulainen and published by the Raak company in Amsterdam in the 1970s.
These wall lights are made of brushed and gilded aluminium (see copper).
In the shape of organ pipes, each sconce has 3 pipes that hold 6 standard E26 screw-in light bulbs (standard Led). These tubular cavities have the effect of an unusual play of light, for an indirect lighting without dazzling.
In very good condition, note two slight traces of wear due to time (see photos). Electricity ok.
At the forefront of the avant-garde in the early 1970's, these "Space Age" type luminaires were both functional and sculptural in form and well within the spirit of the era, Optic Art also called Op Art.
- Artist / Designer:Maija Liisa Komulainen
- Issuer / Manufacturer:Raak Amsterdam
- MarK / Label:Yes
- Period:20th century, 1970, Mid-century
- Country of Origin:Finland
- Dimensions (H x W x D):40cm x 22cm x 8cm
- Weight:2 Kg
- Number of components:2
- Style:Design, Space. Age, Op Art
- Materials:Metal, Brushed Aluminum
- Belgium Delivery:30€
- France Delivery:50€
- Europe Delivery:80€
- Worldwide Delivery:120€