- Creator / Artist / Designer:Louis-Marie Londot (1924-2010)
- Signature / Monogram:Signed "ML Londot 62"
- Period:20th Century / Mid Century / 1940 - 1960
- Country of Origin:Belgium
- Dimensions (H x W x D):61 x 61 x 4 cm
- Weight:6 Kg
- Style:Modernism / Pop Art / Abstract
- Materials:Oil On Panel / Platster / Cement
- Belgium Delivery:Free
- International Delivery:On request
"Matière Rouille", expressionist mixed technique on panel by the painter Louis-Marie Londot, colored agglomerates and impastos of the "cement" type (like Bram Bogart's 'impasti'), dated 1962.
L-M Londot is an essential painter of the abstract and Belgian Pop Art with Evelyne Axell, Pol Mara, ....
Painting in perfect condition and original blackened wood frame.
Three other works of the artist are visible and available on this site.
Similar work included on page 37 of the "Louis-Marie Londot" catalog, Maison de la Culture de Namur 2015.
Vidéo de cette Exposition visible sur Youtube:
Louis-Marie Londot was born on March 11, 1924 in Namur (Belgium) and died on December 15, 2010 in Bioul (Belgium). Master of polychromic sacred art, he evolves towards abstract art with simple and even sometimes anecdotal subjects but an art always dominated by colors and the artistic richness of their contrast. He then moved on to Pop Art and took part in the ‘Pop Art 'exhibition at the Palais des Beaux Arts in 1965 in Brussels. The ‘Maison de la culture 'in Namur devoted an exhibition to him in 1978 and a catalog was created in 2105 during an exhibition dedicated to him at the Maison de la Culture in Namur.