- Creator / Artist / Designer:Le Jan
- Issuer / Manufacturer:Faienceries de Saint-Etienne
- Period:20th Century / 1934
- Country of Origin:France
- Dimensions (H x W x D):26 x 45 x 14 cm
- Weight:1,5 Kg
- Number of components:1
- Style:Art Deco
- Materials:Earthware, crackle ceramic
- Belgium Delivery:Free
- International Delivery:On request
Art Deco animal sculpture of a lion in cracked earthenware made in the workshops of Le Jan in Saint Etienne in France in the 1930s.
In perfect condition, unsigned.
These ceramic "Le Jan" lions would have been manufactured for the Peugeot Garage dealership in 1934, see the last 2 images.
Craquelés, "Ceramic animals" 1920-1940, Patrick Malaureille, MASSIN editor 1993, same model page 53.
Panther, leopard, wildcat.... In the style of Etling (Marcel Guillard edition), Faïencerie d'art de Sainte-Radegonde for Primavera, Edition Nerva, Nimy, Gabriel Beauvais (Kaza), Quimper, Saint Clément, Orchie (Dax), .... Typical of the period Art Deco.