- Creator / Artist / Designer:Klaus Hempel
- Issuer / Manufacturer:Kaiser Leuchten
- MarK / Label:Yes
- Period:20th century, 1960 to 1980, Mid-century
- Country of Origin:Germany
- Dimensions (H x W x D):31cm x 31cm x 7cm
- Weight:2 Kg
- Number of components:2
- Style:Design, Modernist, Op Art
- Materials:Metal, Chrome steel, Chromium
Pair of vintage mid-century wall sconces Klaus Hempel and edited by Kaiser Leuchten in the 1960s.
In very good condition, some traces of normal wear due to time (see photos).
These wall sconces are made of high quality chrome plated steel are rare. Square shaped, with a circular recess in which is housed a screw bulb E26 (standard), this cavity has the effect of an unusual play of light.
For indirect and glare-free lighting, use a half-chrome bulb (as here in the photos).
Kaiser was one of the great lighting designers of the 20th century influenced by the Bauhaus School of Design. At the forefront of the avant-garde at the beginning of the 1970s, its lighting was both functional, sculptural and in keeping with the spirit of the time: Optical Art also known as Op Art.