- Artist:Jules Petillion (1845-1899)
- Signature / Monogram:Signed "J. Petillion" lower right
- Period:19th Century / ca 1890
- Country of Origin:France
- Dimensions (H x W):27 x 34 cm
- Weight:1 Kg
- Style:Impressionism / Art Nouveau
- Materials:Oil on canvas
- Belgium Delivery:Free
- France Delivery:Free
- Europe Delivery:Free
- Worldwide Delivery:On request
Impressionist painting by Jules Petillion depicting a view of Paris in the snow, animated under the mist, circa 1890.
Size with frame: 44 x 36 cm
Oil on canvas marouflaged, gilt frame.
In good condition.
Jules Petillion (1845-1899) was a French painter of landscapes, cityscapes, waterscapes. A student of Luigi Loir, he exhibited at the Paris Salon from 1875, the period of Impressionism. His Parisian urban scenes are vivid, his paintings are very successful and are regularly presented at Christie's & Sotheby's auction house.