- Creator / Artist / Designer: Johan Nyssen ( 1939 -
- Signature / Monogram:Yes
- Period:20th Century / Mid Century / 1940 - 1960
- Country of Origin:Belgium
- Dimensions (H x W x D):113cm x 100cm x 8cm
- Weight:5 Kg
- Number of components:1
- Style:Contemporary, Expressionist, Surrealist
- Materials:Graphic, Oil on canvas
Painting in perfect condition, signed "J. NYSSEN" and dated 1980.
In the spirit of Jef van Tuerenhout, Marcel Delmotte ...
Johan Nyssen, born in Bruges in 1939, is a painter, pastellist, gouachiste, draftsman, sculptor and ceramist.
Pupil at St. Luke in Ghent (1953-58) and, during his military service, at the Academy of Cologne (1959-60). It belongs to the Perignem ceramics workshop in Beernem (1958-65). Establishments himself as an independent artist. Teacher in Sint-Andries-Brugge (1979-85). Founder and director of the Johan Nyssen Private Academy in Sint-Andries-Brugge (1960). Put at the center of his work with the human figure, with fantastic and ironic distortions. Retrospectives in Bruges in 1981.