- Creator / Artist / Designer:Jean Boquet
- Signature / Monogram:yes
- Period:20th century, 1940 to 1960, Mid-century
- Country of Origin:Belgium
- Dimensions (H x W x D):27cm x 22cm (without frame)
- Weight:1 Kg
- Number of components:1
- Style:design / Modern Art
- Materials:oil on panel
"Geometric Abstraction", Abstract and Geometric Art, Art Deco.
Dimensions with frame: 41.5 x 36.5cm
Original frame with fabric mat.
Painter, training at the Academy of Molenbeek-Saint-Jean. Begins in a neo-expressionist figurative style (portraits, figures) and evolves towards more geometrical landscapes, sometimes snow-covered mountains and stylized trees (in an Art Deco style) and futuristic and cosmic cities views. By their taste for synthesis, some works sometimes lean towards geometric abstraction. Bach's music often plays a role in the construction and structure of his compositions. Member of the circle "L'Ebauche" (1952-1966) and from 1960, of the circle "Jecta".