JACQUES DUFRANE " Ship / Fish " Brutalist sculpture in welded steel with patina, ca 2000
- Artist / Designer:Jacques Dufrane (1947- )
- Signature / Monogram:Signed "Dufrane J"
- Period:End of 20th Century / Begin of 21th century
- Country of Origin:Belgium
- Dimensions (H x W x D):30 x 37 x 14 cm
- Weight:8 Kg
- Style:Design / Contemporary / Brutalist
- Materials:Iron / Steal
- Belgium Delivery:30€
- France Delivery:70€
- Europe Delivery:100€
- Worldwide Delivery:On request
An artist by vocation, but a technician by training and a foundryman all his life, Jacques Dufrane drew the material for his creations from his professional environment, from a collection of small industrial parts. His assemblages are therefore, above all and essentially, autobiographical. Acting as memories and traces, they recall, through the elements that constitute them, his life as a foundryman. They recount this life, extend it, give it a continuation and a meaning. And in turn, this life gives them a style...
Galerie Serge Mendjiski ( Saint Paul de Vence - France ) from 1996 to 1999.
Gallery Alfredo Longo ( Saint Symphorien ) in 2000 and 2001.
Gallery Frédéric Collong ( Saint Paul de Vence - France ) in 2000 and 2001.
Galerie Internationnale ( Pont de Loup ) from 2000 to 2003.
Galerie du Drapeau Blanc ( La Louvière ) in 2004.
David Hocquet Gallery ( Charleroi ) from 2004 to 2010.
Gallery Bonhomme ( Liège ) from 2006 to 2009.
Gallery L'impression ( Dinant ) in 2007.
Vincent Huot Gallery ( Brussels ) in 2008 and 2009.
Pol Cavillot Gallery ( Brussels ) in 2009.
Keunekapelle Gallery ( Koksijde ) in 2011.
Venta Gallery ( Liège ) in 2012.
Radeski Gallery ( Liège ) in 2013.
Gallery 713 ( Knokke ) in 2016.
- Member of the jury of the Ecole Supérieure des Arts Plastiques et Visuels de Mons in 1996.
- First prize for sculpture at the 6th Biennial of Plastic Arts in La Louvière in 1998.
- First prize for sculpture at the 11th International Exhibition of Libramont in 1998, 2001, 2003 and 2005.
- Grand Prize of the Public at the 1st biennial ''Art en Wallonie'' in Namur in 1999.
- Prize of the General Direction of the Cultural Affairs of Hainaut in 2000.
- First prize (SABAM prize) at the 10th biennial of the Manage cultural centre in 2003.
- First prize at the Récup'Art competition in Ham-Sur-Heure in 2005.