- Creator / Artist / Designer:Henri Javaux (1892 - 1976)
- Issuer / Manufacturer:Céramique d' Andenne (Belgium)
- MarK / Label:Yes
- Period:20th Century / ca 1935
- Country of Origin:Belgium
- Dimensions (H x W x D):40 x 20 cm
- Weight:8 Kg
- Number of components:1
- Style:Art Deco
- Materials:Pottery / Earthware / Stoneware
Rare Art Deco Ovoid / Geometric Vase in White / Beige Glazed Stoneware signed in the decor under the Monogram by Henri Javaux.
Marked on the reverse "H. Javaux - Grand Feu Stoneware - Andenne" (see photo detail).
Thick vase in perfect condition.
Textile industrialist, he arrived in Andenne in 1921. It was love at first sight for the ceramics produced in the city. Under the direction of Edouard Daenen, a manufacturer of sandstone, who advised him at the technical level, he models vases which he decorates with animals and plants under the influence of Art Nouveau and surrealism.
Only student of Symbolist and Art Nouveau ceramist Arthur Craco.