- Creator / Artist / Designer:Gio Ponti (1891-1979) Attributed
- Signature / Monogram:1 unknown stamp (see image)
- Issuer / Manufacturer:Emilio Lancia / Fontana Arte
- MarK / Label:1 unknown stamp (see image)
- Period:1930s / 20th Century
- Country of Origin:Italy
- Dimensions (H x W x D):100 x 60 x 60 cm
- Weight:20 Kg
- Condition:Excellent, Completely restored (see image before restauration)
- Style:Art Deco / Modern Art / Design
- Materials:Bronze / Glass
- Belgium Delivery:Free
- International Delivery:On request
GIO PONTI for Emilio Lancia, 1930s
Exceptional Secessionist Art Deco chandelier in bronze and gilded brass, dating from the 1930s.
Glass cups probably by Fontana Arte.
Two unknown stamps are present on a brass spacer (see Images)
Just like the Wiener Werkstatte with artists like Dagobert Peche or Josef Hoffmann, this avant-garde style of the 1930s already heralds the Design of the 1950s.
Could also be in style, spirit and attributable to Ulrich Guglielmo, Paolo Buffa for Achille Donzelli, Pietro Chiesa ...
In attached images, you will find a photo of this oxidized chandelier before restoration, examples of lighting by Gio Ponti for Emilio Lancia, Paolo Buffa for Achille Donzelli, Ulrich Guglielmo, Pietro Chiesa.