- Creator - Artist - Designer:Gino Vistosi
- Issuer - Manufacturer:Murano
- Period:20th century / Mid-century / 1960's 1970s
- Dimensions (H x W):60 x 50 cm (85 cm with chaine)
- Weight:5 kg
- Materials:Glass / Metal
- Belgium Delivery:Free
- International Delivery:On request
Large pendant / Chandelier with 36 plates of lined glass (blue and white disc), made by the VISTOSI workshops in Murano (Italy).
Total dimension: 85cm high
Very good condition, 2 very small chips to report (see photos)
Electricity in perfect working order.
Delivery guaranteed worldwide, at reduced price (on request).
History of Vistosi:
In the 17th century, the name of Vistosi is the name of the family of Murano glassmakers. Gazzabin has owned the “Al Bastian” oven since 1640 and has been dedicated to the art of blowing for a century.
In 1791 Giobatta Gazzabin Vistosi became the head of the masters of glass art and the representative of the masters of the Murano ovens.
In 1945, after a dark period due to World War II, Guglielmo Vistosi, heir to the Gazzabins, opened a new oven in Murano and began to devote himself to the production of lamps.
In 1967, Angelo Mangiarotti designed "Giogali" there, a chandelier fitted with a series of modular glass hooks without a fixed structure which would become the symbol of the Vistosi collections.
In 1989 Giancarlo Moretti, a Murano glass entrepreneur, took over the Vistosi brand and founded the Vetreria Vistosi, run by his son Matteo.
Under the direction of Guglielmo's grandchildren, Gino and Luciano began a collaboration with the greatest contemporary designers, from whom emblematic creations in the history of Italian industrial design were born: Alega by Vico Magistretti, the table lamp by Gae Aulenti, Vega by Michele De Lucchi, creations by Ettore Sottsass and Adalberto Dal Lago ...