- Creator / Artist / Designer:Carli (Bruxelles)
- Signature / Monogram:Signed " G. Carli "
- MarK / Label:Yes
- Period:20th Century / Mid Century / 1930
- Country of Origin:Belgium
- Dimensions (H x W x D):36 x 26 x 18 cm
- Weight:3 Kg
- Number of components:1
- Style:Art Deco
Art Deco sculpture representing Cleopatra, circa 1930, made in the CARLI workshops in Brussels.
Terracotta piece, "Noir de Mazy" marble base.
Very beautiful polychrome patina, good original condition.
Height without base: 23 cm
Total Height: 36 cm
The Carli Family is originally from Lucca (Italy), she moved to Brussels (rue l'Olivier) in 1910 and created the "CARLI Workshops" there. These Workshops will work with many sculptor artists such as Dommisse, Aurili, Melani, Togneri, Guelfi, Sheep ...
They were present at all the important fairs from 1910 to 1970 with sculptures in terracotta, bronze, plaster representing subjects such as women in the Art Deco style.
Continue see pictures ...
- ENGELEN - MARX. Beeldhouwkunts in België vanaf 1830, 7 volumes, Volume 1, p 456,457.