- Artist / Designer:Charles & Ray Eames
- Issuer / Manufacturer:Herman Miller
- Mark / Label:Yes
- Period:20th Century / Mid Century / 1960
- Country of Origin:USA
- Dimensions (H x W x D):84 x 65 x 60 cm
- Weight:7 Kg
- Number of components:1
- Style:Design / Scandinavian Design / Modernism
- Materials:Fiberglass Polyester / Leatherette / Chrome steel
- Belgium Delivery:On request
- International Delivery:On request
DAT armchair by Charles and Ray Eames, old vintage edition by Herman Miller, circa 1960.
Composed of a rounded swivel seat in white fiberglass covered with a qualitative synthetic leather of the time and original in cognac color in perfect condition (often referred to as genuine leather given the quality of the material).
4 star base in chromed steel, signs of wear due to time and use.
Very contemporary and current, this armchair remains an icon of 20th century furniture.
Other identical seats available, see on this site.
Seat height: 43cm
Charles Eames (1907-1978) and Bernice Alexandra Ray Eames (1912-1988) were a married couple of American designers who made important historical contributions to the development of modern architecture and furniture. They have also worked in the fields of industrial and graphic design, fine arts and cinema.
Ray and Charles Eames have notably collaborated with the editors Vitra and Herman Miller. Among the most famous models are the Lounge Chair and its ottoman, the armchairs, rocking chairs and chairs DAT, DAX, DAR, PAC, MAX, DAG, DAW, DKW, DSX, DSW, LCM, LCW, DCW, EA108, EA 116, EA 117, EA 124, ES108, LAR, RAR ...