- Creator / Artist / Designer:Charles Graffart ( 1863 - 1967 )
- Signature / Monogram:No
- Issuer / Manufacturer:Luxval
- MarK / Label:No
- Period:20th century - 1920 to 1940
- Country of Origin:Belgium
- Dimensions (H x W x D):19cm x 9cm x 7cm
- Number of components:1
- Style:Art Deco, Arts and Crafts
- Materials:Glass, Crystal, Moulded pressed glass, Opalescent glass
Art Deco animal sculpture in molded pressed opalescent glass representing a parakeet, bird often represented during this Art Deco period.
Authentic (same as catalog picture), unsigned, in perfect condition.
Charles Graffart is a versatile Belgian artist, born in 1863. He is credited with a very varied artistic work composed of paintings, prints, sculpture, drawings-watercolors, objects.
He collaborated with the Val-Saint-Lambert in the early 1930s, at the launch of a cast glass range, the Luxval range, seeking to compete with Czechoslovakia, which after the crash of wall street in the early 30s , then began to invade the market of more democratic items with great success.
Work similar to various French editions such as Sabino, Verlys, see René Lalique ...