- Creator / Artist / Designer:HUGO RABAEY (1948 - ... )
- Signature / Monogram:Signed
- Period:20th Century / Mid Century / 1977
- Country of Origin:Belgium
- Dimensions (H x W x D):31cm x 25cm x 9cm
- Weight:10 Kg
- Number of components:2
- Style:Design / Cubist / Modern Art
Rare removable bronze sculpture, mobile ( in the style of Miguel Berrocal ) executed in 1977, a single similar model currently listed (see jointed picture).
Good condition, normal signs of wear.
Comes in the original box (see images).
Hugo Rabaye was born in Wilrijk in 1948. Training at the National Superior Institute of Antwerp 1970-1973) at P. Van Leemputten and A. Pauwels.
Like many sculptors, he began to learn ceramics and Raku, and became master of the subject. Renowned ceramist, he became from 1977, professor at the Art Academy of Hoboken (Antwerp Academy) in Belgium.
- Provincial Prize for Applied Arts in Antwerp in 1977 and 1980.
- "ARS ceramica" contemporary ceramics in Belgium (including Pierre Culot, Frank Stewaert, Roland Patyn, Rik Vandewege, Bernard Thiran, Herman Muys, Jose Vermeesch, Octave Landuyt, Antoine De Vinck, Tjok Dessauvage, ...), Page 194- 195
- "Piron", Page 330