- Creator / Artist / Designer:KURT ØSTERVIG (1912-1986)
- Editor / Issuer:Jason Møbler (Denmark)
- Period:20th Century / Mid Century / 1950s
- Country of Origin:Denmark
- Dimensions (H x W x D):56 x 150 x 65 cm
- Weight:15 Kg
- Number of components:1
- Style:Scandinavian Design
- Materials:Wood / Rosewood
- Belgium Delivery:Free
- International Delivery:On request
Elegant Scandinavian coffee / living room table, pure lines, rosewood, 1950s
Stamped twice (see images).
Very good original condition.
Kurt Østervig (1912–1986) was a Danish furniture designer. Trained as a shipbuilder, his love for woodworking led him to be employed as a furniture designer in the E. Knudsen studio, one of the largest of the time. In 1947 Østervig established his own studio, from where he worked with several of the biggest Scandinavian furniture makers including JASON MØBLER. He designs many special sets of furniture for ships, hotels, cinemas. Its distinctive designs have sparked widespread international interest. His work is exhibited at the Museum of Modern Art in New York.
Neat and refined work in the style of artists like Arne Vodder, Ole Wanscher, Goran Strand, Kai Kristiansen, J. Svenstrup, Gunnar Nielsen Tibergaard, Johannes Andersen.