- Creator / Artist / Designer:Jaroslav Smidek
- Issuer / Manufacturer:Thonet
- Period:20th Century / Mid Century / 1950 - 1960
- Country of Origin:Czech Republic
- Dimensions (H x W x D):82cm x 57cm x 70cm
- Weight:8 Kg/each
- Number of components:2
- Style:Design, European, Scandinavian
- Materials:Textile, Wood, Beech
- Belgium Delivery:On request
- International Delivery:On request
Pair of armchairs "Model 53" by Jaroslav Smidek, 1st edition Thonet, ca 1950/60 (see historical original photo).
Upholstery "Bouclettes" sheepskin type, quality fabrics.
Woodwork dismantled, stripped and sanded, 3 coats of varnish.
The "Model 53" armchair was designed by Jaroslav Šmídek and manufactured by THONET in the late 1950s after the success of Czech design at the 1958 World's Fair in Brussels ( Exposition Universelle de Bruxelles de 1958 ). The original woodwork (including structure) are beech and have been fully restored. Very good construction and stability, we guarantee our work. New upholstery and upholstery, the fabrics used are high quality and anti-stain. Jaroslav Smidek and Jindrich Halabala were archtectists / designers for Thonet as well as Up Zavody in the 1940s until the end of the 1960s.