- Creator / Artist:Savarin
- Signature / Monogram:Stamped "SA"
- Issuer / Manufacturer:De Coene Frères Courtrai
- Period:20th Century / 1938
- Country of Origin:Belgium
- Dimensions (H x W x D):87cm x 51cm x 47cm
- Weight:4 Kg
- Number of components:6
- Style:Art Deco
- Materials:Mahogany / Velvet
- Belgium Delivery:Free
- International Delivery:On request
De Coene Frères Belgium, PARIS or BRILLAT (Savarin) model, series of 6 Art Deco chairs in solid mahogany.
3 of the 6 chairs are stamped 'SA' for 'Savarin' (see photos), cabinetmaker at De Coene.
Very good condition, still very good upholstery, clean velor fabric cover.
Seat height: 48cm
The table of this same Paris-Brillat 'model is also available (see other images on the site).
Model was created in 1938 and produced for about 10 years (1938-1948). In a De Coene catalog, the model is numbered N ° 235 and named BRILLAT (Brillat-Savarin) but in another catalog the model is named PARIS (most often).
- References (see photos): In the MUSICAL Chapel OF QUEEN ELISABETH IN ARGENTEUIL-WATERLOO, there is a similar series as well as the table and the dresser of this PARIS / BRLLAT model, since 1939, only the crosses of the backs differ.
From Coene Frères (Kortrijk):
1887 is the year in which De Coene's story in Kortrijk begins. During the interwar period, the company gained international fame for the production of high quality Art Deco wooden furniture. Based on the Arts and Crafts philosophy, the company will appeal to great artists and architects, including painter Albert Saverys.
Besides the individual sale of furniture to the well-to-do bourgeoisie, the company is also responsible for custom furniture for restaurants, hotels, casinos, trains, banks and other large institutions. Orders from abroad (France, the Netherlands and United Kingdom) poured in and the company became one of the most important furniture manufacturers in Belgium and its reputation then became international.
We will also note a mass production from 1929, up to 1000 radio cabinets per day are produced for Philips Eindhoven. At the end of the 1930s, more than 3000 people were employed in the various departments.