- Creator / Artist / Designer:Cécile Lebrun (1937- )
- Signature / Monogram:Signed "Cécile Lebrun" under the vase
- Period:20th Century / Mid Century / 1970s
- Country of Origin:Belgium
- Dimensions (H x W x D):18 x 15 x 6 inch
- Weight:10 Kg
- Style:Brutalisme / Geometric Abstraction
- Belgium Delivery:Free
- International Delivery:On request
Large Vase or umbrella stand (46cm) with geometric decoration in Abstract and Brutalist style in Polychrome Terracotta dating from the 1970s.
Made by Belgian Ceramist / Sculptor Cécile Lebrun, vase signed under the piece.
In very good shape.
Not without recalling the artistic movement of Geometric Abstraction of our Belgian painters of this same period.
Very current and avant-garde, in the style and our recognized Belgian ceramists such as Pierre Culot, Mirko Orlandini, Emile Desmedt, Pit Nicolas, Rik Vandewege, Tjok Dessauvage... and Amphora Perignem workshops including Rogier Vandeweghe. But also foreign counterparts such as Nicolas Gambone, Nicolas Goulier, Jean Derval, Robert Perot, see even Lucie Rie and certain raw lands by Pablo Picasso.
It will not take long to be recognized, advice to amateurs ....
Cécile Lebrun was born in Boitsfort in 1937, studied ceramics, Graphic Arts, ceramics, drawing and painting in various Belgian Academies and also in several workshops in Rome, Paris and Brussels. Works acquired by the French community (1979-1991).